Master classic comfort dishes with simple ingredients
(NC) Try your hand at restaurant-quality beef stroganoff with this simplified version featuring tender 100% Canadian AAA Angus beef, flavourful Portobello mushrooms and fresh garden herbs.
Beef Strip Loin medallion stroganoff
Prep Time: 5 min
Total Time: 15 min
• 1.5 lbs (680 g) 100% Canadian AAA Angus beef strip loin medallions
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• 2 tbsp canola oil
• 1 white onion, diced
• 4 packages Portobello mushrooms, sliced
• 1 cup Greek yogurt
• 1 lb (453 g) egg noodles, cooked
• 2 tbsp fresh parsley or dill, chopped
1. Season beef with salt and pepper. In a pan over medium-high heat, sear beef for roughly 3 to 5 min on each side (or to your liking).
2. In another pan, heat canola oil then add onions and mushrooms and sauté for 7 min. Slowly mix in yogurt and reduce heat to simmer for 5 min. Add egg noodles and stir to combine the mixture.
3. To plate, spoon stroganoff mixture onto the centre of the plate. Top with beef medallions and sprinkle fresh herbs on top.
Find more fresh recipes ideas online at walmart.ca/recipes.