Holiday main dishes to make your meal merry
(Family Features) As family gathers around the table, a fragrant, beautifully plated main dish is the focal point of any holiday meal. A richly flavored pork or beef dish that looks as good as it tastes will have guests passing their plates for more.
Whether your tastes lean toward a succulent pork crown roast seasoned to perfection, a prime rib so tender it melts in your mouth or a juicy ham drizzled with a sweet glaze, you can find premium meats to get you started at Omaha Steaks, a leading provider of premium beef and gourmet foods.
Flash-frozen to capture freshness and flavor at their peak, you can select the right cut of meat from the comfort of your home and have it delivered directly to your door. All that’s left is finding the right recipe to complement your main dish.
If preparing an elegant meal from scratch isn’t your idea of a happy holiday, look to Omaha Steaks for gourmet side dishes, appetizers and desserts, as well as complete holiday meal packages to fit any size gathering. Get inspired to create a special centerpiece for your holiday table at omahasteaks.com.
Pork Crown Roast with Garlic Herb Rub
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup fresh garlic, peeled and finely diced
- 1/4 cup thyme, leaves removed from stem and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup rosemary, leaves removed from stem and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sage, leaves removed from stem and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup, plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds baby red potatoes, halved
- 1 pound fresh pearl onions, peeled and halved
- 1 Omaha Steaks Pork Crown Roast
- Thaw roast completely and remove plastic packaging.
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Prepare rub by combining salt, pepper, garlic, herbs and 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of rub with remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and toss with potatoes and onions.
- Liberally rub all sides of roast with remaining rub, including in between bones. Put any excess rub on top.
- Place roast on foil lined sheet pan and spread potatoes and onions around sides of roast. Cook on center rack of oven for approximately 2 hours and 20 minutes to 2 hours and 35 minutes for a 9-pound roast, or until internal temperature reaches 145 F in the middle.
- Let rest for 10-15 minutes before cutting away string and slicing between bones for 16 even portions. Serve with roasted red potatoes and pearl onions in natural au jus.