Hearty home-cooked meals in 15 minutes or less
(NC) Everyone loves good homemade meals, but most of us don’t have time to prepare them. Take the stress out of meal preparation with a flip of a switch — whether you’re cooking for one or five, slow cookers are a great way to save time and deliver delicious comfort food.
With the right recipe, slow cookers do most of the work for you and require minimal clean up and prep time. Opt for one where the raw meat can be placed directly into the slow cooker. For the best flavour, choose a high-quality pork that has been humanely raised and without antibiotics, like duBreton.
This boneless pork shoulder roast slow cooker recipe can be prepped in less than 15 minutes and will have you coming home to a delightful meal at the end of the day. Try serving with rice and broccoli for a full meal, or on a bun for a quick and easy pulled pork sandwich.
Pork Shoulder Boneless Roast with Asian Caramel Sauce
Prep time: 10-15 minutes
Cook time: 8 hours
- 1 (1kg) pork shoulder roast
- 2 tbsp (30mL) minced ginger
- 2 tbsp (30mL) minced garlic
- 1/2 cup (125mL) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125mL) oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp (1mL) cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup (125mL) water or Shaoxing wine
- 1 tbsp (125mL) Chinese 5 spice powder
- 2 tbsp (30mL) soy sauce
- 1 cup (250mL) chicken broth, vegetable broth or water
- Slice pork in half and set in slow cooker insert.
- Mix together remaining ingredients and pour over pork.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Cook time may vary depending on the power of your slow cooker.
- Remove pork and shred using two forks to remove excess fat. Top with remaining sauce and serve.
Find more delicious recipes online at dubreton.com.