When cool and creamy meets tangy and fruity, what do you get? Sweet endings to a porch supper, a backyard barbecue or a meal under the stars.
Try a new twist on an old favorite — Lemon Raspberry Ribbon Pie. After all, it’s summertime. And the livin’ — and the eatin’ — should be refreshingly easy.
Lemon Raspberry Ribbon Pie
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes
Makes one 9-inch pie
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen red raspberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (14-ounce) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice from concentrate
- Yellow food coloring if desired
- 2 cups (1 pint) whipping cream, stiffly whipped
- 1 (9-inch) pastry shell, baked
- Fresh raspberries for garnish, optional
- In small saucepan, combine raspberries and cornstarch; cook and stir until thickened and clear. Cool 10 minutes. Chill thoroughly, about 20 minutes.
- In large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and food coloring if desired. Fold in whipped cream. Spread one-third lemon mixture into prepared pastry shell; top with raspberry mixture then remaining lemon mixture.
- Chill thoroughly. Garnish as desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
SOURCE: Find more summer recipe inspiration at culinary.net.