A hot cocktail for a cold winter’s night
(NC) Perfect for après ski, a winter party or a toasty treat, combine the flavours of Florida Grapefruit with warm whiskey in this sweet twist on a Hot Toddy.
Prep time: 15 minutes
• Lot 40 rye (or any high rye-based whiskey)
• 1/4 oz agave syrup
• Hot water, enough to fill your brand snifter halfway
• 1 cinnamon stick
• 3 Florida Grapefruit segments
• 3 oz hot water
• Grapefruit peel
1. Warm a brandy snifter by filling it halfway with hot water.
2. Place grapefruit in mixing tin and muddle lightly.
3. Add agave and whiskey.
4. Strain into snifter and add hot water.
5. Add cinnamon stick and Grapefruit peel.
6. Combine ingredients in a steaming jug or mixing tin and steam with a wand from espresso machine.