Your favourite flavours, guilt-free
(NC) Who doesn’t love spring rolls? Feed your loved ones these guilt-free baked spring rolls that pack in your favourite Asian flavours.
Thai-style Baked Spring Rolls with Mushrooms and Chicken
• Store-bought phyllo pastry slices roughly 8×16 inches
• 200 grams ground chicken
• 200 grams mushrooms, thinly sliced
• 1 small carrot, grated
• 3 tbsp minced ginger
• 2 tbsp garlic, finely chopped
• 2 tbsp sesame oil
• Olive oil
• Pinch of salt
• Canola or vegetable oil
• Sweet chili sauce
1. Add a splash of olive oil to a heavy-base fry pan on medium-high heat. Add chicken, salt, mushrooms, carrot, ginger and garlic. Sauté until chicken takes on colour and mushrooms sweat down. Then add sesame oil. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
2. Lay out single rectangular pieces of phyllo pastry. Brush one half with canola or vegetable oil. Fold over pastry to create a two-layered square piece. Place 2 to 3 tablespoons of mixture into the corner and roll pastry up like a burrito. Paint a dab of oil on remaining corner to seal spring roll.
3. Lay spring rolls on a parchment lined baking tray Brush rolls lightly with oil and bake at 400⁰F for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden. Remove and serve with a store-bought sweet chili sauce.
Find more nutritious and delicious recipes online at blendandextend.ca.