This fully customizable parfait can be topped with your favorite fruits, nuts or seeds! The chia and watermelon make a jam-like layer that complement the creaminess of yogurt. Filled with protein and healthy fats from chia, try this parfait for breakfast or mid-afternoon snack for lasting energy boost!
- 4 cups (1 L) watermelon, liquefied
- ½ cup (125 mL) chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) lemon juice
- Yogurt of choice
- Toppings of choice: berries, mango, kiwi, mint, toasted coconut, chia seeds
- Beginning by making a watermelon chia jam. To do so, combine watermelon, chia and lemon juice in a medium bowl and stir. Let sit in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight, or until thick and jammy.
- In a small jar, layer 1 to 2 tablespoons of yogurt and 1 to 2 tablespoons of watermelon chia pudding. Repeat layers 2 to 3 more times depending on the size of your jar. Top with fresh fruit or crunchy toppings of choice.