This juice can be made either with a conventional juicer or with a strong blender. The benefit of blending is all of the phytonutrients and antioxidants are retained, while much of this is lost when the pulp is thrown away with a conventional juicer.
- 2 cups watermelon cubes
- 1/3 large lemon, peeled
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peeled fresh ginger
- 2 medium carrots (cut into rounds for high-speed blender only)
- Juice all ingredients in a conventional juicer (makes 1 3/4 cups juice) or in a blender, placing watermelon in first then the remaining ingredients.
- Turn blender on low until watermelon is liquefied then gradually increase speed.
- Blend for 2 minutes.
- Makes 2 servings (2 1/4 cups juice total.)
- Serving size: 1 1/8 cups
- Calories per serving: 88
- Fat per serving: 0.78g
- Saturated fat per serving: 0g
- Fiber per serving: 3.2g
- Protein per serving: 8%
- Carbs per serving: 84%